Nonna's Spaghetti Bolognese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 large celery stick, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Viva Italia Seasoning
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 500g beef mince
- 500g spaghetti
- Fresh basil leaves and shaved Parmesan cheese to serve
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, carrot and celery until softening, approx 5 minutes, slide to side of pan or set aside.
Add beef mince, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned.
Add Viva Italia Seasoning, return veggies to pan, add tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Bring to the boil and immediately reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 a minimum of 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until al dente.
Serve with fresh basil leaves and Parmesan. Enjoy!
For extra flavour season with Tweed Real Food Wild Porcini.
Comments will be approved before showing up.