Tofu and Eggplant in Sweet Garlic Sauce
- 3 Tbsp oil, peanut, sesame or rice bran
- 500g firm tofu, cut into 2 - 3 cm slices
- 1 large brown onion, sliced thin
- 1 large eggplant, approx 600g - sliced across into circles, then halved
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced very thin lengthways
- 2.5 Tweed Real Food Honey Garlic Splash Balsamic Vinegar
- Optional rice to serve
If serving with rice; bring water to boil in a large saucepan and follow rice cooking instructions.
Using a wok or large fry pan, over medium-high heat, heat oil.
Add fresh garlic and onion slices and fry for 60 seconds.
Add eggplant and fry for 4 - 5 minutes until well coated with oil and begins to soften.
Add capsicum and tofu, coat in honey and Honey Garlic Splash and cook for 5 minutes, stirring gently to continue coating and cooking evenly.
Serve with or without rice, ensuring to pour any pan juices over each serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.