Rosemary Lamb Shanks with Roasted Vegetables
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1- 2 cups red wine or if preferred; beef stock (see note in method)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Classic Caramelised Splash Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Garlic Rosemary Rub
- 1 Tsp Tweed Real Food Wild Porcini Salt
- 4 baby red onions, quartered
- 8 carrots, quartered
- 8 baby potatoes, halved
- 2 cups chopped pumpkin
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
Place the lamb shanks in a large roasting dish and smother in 1 Tbsp of Garlic Rosemary Rub, Wild Porcini Salt and the Classic Caramelised Splash Balsamic Vinegar. Leave to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour or a maximum of overnight.
Remove from fridge for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
Add 1 cup of red wine to the shank dish.
Ensure oven is preheated and cook for 45 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare the vegetables in another roasting dish, including the garlic.
Toss them in olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining Tbsp of Garlic Rosemary Rub.
Add to the oven, cook both shanks and vegetables for a further 45 to 60 minutes.
*Note: If the shank dish has absorbed all liquid, add an additional cup of wine or stock.
The shanks should be tender and fall from the bone, and the vegetables cooked to your liking.
Comments will be approved before showing up.