Spiced Olive Lemon Chicken
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 6 chicken thighs or large chicken pieces, trimmed of fat, skin optional
- 2 brown onions, cut in half and sliced thin
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Durban Earth Curry Rub
- 3/4 cup pitted green olives
- 2 lemons, sliced in half lengthways and then in thin slices
- 1 cup of water
- 1.5 Tsp Tweed Real Food Chicken and Chips Salt
Rub chicken thighs in Durban Earth Curry Rub, leave in fridge to marinate for 3 - 4 hours.
In a heavy skillet, over medium heat melt butter and cook onions for 8 minutes, add there garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
Increase heat to medium-high and cook the chicken on each side until browned all over, approx 5 or 6 minutes.
Return the onions and garlic, add Chicken and Chips Salt, lemon slices, olives and 200mls of water.
The chicken and onions need to sit in approx 1.5 centimetres of water. This will vary depending on depth of pan, add more water if required.
Cook on a low heat for 30 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
Lemons will naturally begin to fall apart.
Comments will be approved before showing up.