Smoked Eggplant Parmigiana
- 200 mls extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggplant, sliced in 2cm widths
- Large jar (700mls) good quality tomato passata
- 1 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Smokey Cue Rub
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 140g parmesan cheese, grated
- 180g cherry bocconcini cheese, sliced thin
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Lightly grease a large shallow baking dish.
Cover dish with one layer of the eggplant (approx half - if using half of the eggplant, use half of all other ingredients), drizzle with olive oil, top with equal amounts of passata, basil, Smokey Cue Rub, parmesan and bocconcini.
Repeat layers until all ingredients are used.
Top with breadcrumbs and spray or lightly drizzle with olive oil.
Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbling around the edges and golden.
Sit for 5 minutes and serve with a little fresh basil for garnish.
Comments will be approved before showing up.