Bean Sausage Stew
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 sausages of your choice, we used BBQ Beef
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp Tweed Real Food BBQ Master Rub
- 2 Tsp Tweed Real Food Lime Pepper Grinder Salt
- 2 carrots, halved lengthways and then sliced
- 2 large washed potatoes sliced into small cubes
- 1 400g tin of cannellini beans
- A squeeze of fresh lime juice
- A handful of fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Season with cracked black pepper to taste
Heat BBQ or fry pan suitable to cook sausages, cook until nicely sealed, they do not have to be cooked through.
On the stovetop over medium-high heat add olive oil in a cast-iron pot.
Add onions and cook for at least 5 minutes, add garlic, BBQ Master Rub and cook for a further minute until fragrant.
Add carrots, stock, wine, stir and add sausages - simmer with lid on for 40 minutes.
After 40 minutes, remove sausages and thinly slice.
Return sliced sausages, potatoes and Lime Pepper Grinder Salt, simmer for a further 20 - 25 minutes until potatoes are falling apart and sausage is very tender.
Add cannellini beans, a squeeze of lime juice and basil leaves, stir and serve.
Season with black cracked pepper to taste.
Comments will be approved before showing up.