Pumpkin, Pistachio and Black Rice Salad
- 1 cup of black rice
- Half a medium pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 Tsp Tweed Real Food Classic Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, strained
- 2 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Avo Smash Dukkah
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 Tsp Tweed Real Food Lime Pepper Grinder Salt, ground
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Cook black rice in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, 35–40 minutes; drain and rinse, shaking off as much water as possible. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
Meanwhile, toss pumpkin with 1/4 cup oil on another baking sheet; roast, turning once, until golden brown on edges and soft, 25 minutes - 30 minutes; let cool.
In a large bowl combine black rice, cooled pumpkin, Avo Smash Dukkah, pistachios and chickpeas.
Mix Classic Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a large bowl, toss through salad and season with Lime Pepper Grinder Salt.
Comments will be approved before showing up.