Pumpkin, Pistachio and Black Rice Salad
- 1 cup of black rice
- Half a medium pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, strained
- 2 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Avo Smash Dukkah
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea Salt
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Cook black rice in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, 35–40 minutes; drain and rinse, shaking off as much water as possible. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
Meanwhile, toss pumpkin with 1/4 cup oil on another baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 20–25 minutes; let cool.
Mix honey, and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a large bowl. Add black rice, pumpkin, Avo Smash Dukkah, pistachios and chickpeas; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Comments will be approved before showing up.