Farm Fresh Pumpkin Soup
- 50g butter
- 2 kgs jap pumpkin, skin removed and cut into large pieces
- 3 large onions, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Durban Earth Curry Rub
- 2 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Cookies & Crumble Baking Blend
- 500mls pure cream
- Filtered Water
- 1-2 Tsp Tweed Real Food Classic Caramelised Splash Balsamic Vinegar (per serve)
- Your choice of bread to serve
- Optional, pepita seeds to serve
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to the boil, add the pumpkin and cook until soft.
Meanwhile, in a fry-pan, over medium high heat, cook the onions in melted butter, after 5 minutes add the Durban Earth Curry Rub and cook for a further minute until fragrant. continue cooking for a few minutes, until the onions are nicely softened, add a little water if the mixture gets too dry. Once the onions are soft, turn off and scrap the pan for all of the spice.
When the pumpkin is soft, drain the water from the pot, leaving the pumpkin in.
Add the onion mixture, 500mls of cream, 500mls filtered water and using a stick blender, pulse directly into the pot. Continue to add water as required to achieve the consistency you prefer.
Once smooth, return back to the stove top, add Cookies & Crumble Baking Blend and stir through. Bring to the boil, and turn immediately down to simmer.
Serve with crusty bread, a dollop of cream, drizzle of Classic Caramelised Splash and optional black cracked pepper.
Comments will be approved before showing up.