- 6 large free range egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 1 Tsp Tweed Real Food Cookies & Crumble Baking Blend
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 125mls Rum, Bourbon, Brandy, Baileys, Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- Optional: Additional whipping cream
In a medium-large bowl whisk the sugar and egg yolks until light and creamy.
Over medium-high heat in a medium size saucepan, mix the milk, cream, salt and Cookies & Crumble Baking Blend until it just simmers.
While whisking add a small ladle of the hot mixture to the egg sugar combo, continue this process 1/2 ladle at a time, whisking continuously.
Once the milk mixture has been combined with the egg mixture, pour all back into the saucepan, add the vanilla essence and continue to whisk for a few minutes until it thickens.
Remove from stove and refrigerate, where it will naturally thicken more.
Add optional alcohol prior to drinking.
Optional: Serve topped with whipping cream and sprinkle with Cookies & Crumble Baking Blend.
Comments will be approved before showing up.