Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pasta
- 100g butter
- 250g Farfalle bowtie pasta
- 200g mushrooms, sliced lengthways
- 1 medium-large brown onion, diced
- 100g parmesan, grated
- 200g pure cream or smooth ricotta
- 1 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Wild Porcini Salt
- 2-3 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large handful fresh continental parsley, finely chopped
- Cracked black pepper
Optional: 300g diced bacon or pancetta fried until crispy and stirred through with the pasta
Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add a handful of salt and cook pasta until al dente, approx 8 - 10 minutes, drain well and set aside.
Meanwhile, Using a large fry pan or pot (large enough to fit the cooked pasta) heat over medium -high, melt half of the butter, add onion and cook stirring for 5-8 minutes until it starts to become clear and soft.
Add the rest of the butter, crushed garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes, as they begin to soften season with Wild Porcini Salt.
Combine the pasta with the mushroom mixture, fold through the cream or ricotta and sprinkle generously with parmesan.
Season heavily with cracked black pepper and garnish with fresh parsley.
Comments will be approved before showing up.