Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 x 400g tin of corn, drained
- 1 medium-size carrot, grated
- 1 small-medium zucchini, grated and drained of juices
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 - 1 cup of flour (any will do)
- Half cup of grated cheese (whichever you prefer)
- 2 Tsp of Tweed Real Food Chicken & Chips Salt
- Juice of one small lemon
- Half a punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large handfuls of fresh rocket leaves
- Sour cream or greek yogurt to serve
Combine corn & grated vegetables, egg, flour, 1 Tsp Chicken & Chips Salt & half of the lemon juice in a bowl.
Cover frypan in a layer of olive oil 1/2 centimetre deep and bring to frying temperature.
Using a soup spoon or similar scoop fritter mix into balls and place into oil, lightly squash with spatula to flatten.
After a few minutes flip and cook on other side until golden brown all over.
Place on a plate covered in paper towel to absorb oil.
Dress plate with rocket, fritters, tomatoes.
Add sour cream or greek yogurt, lemon juice and a sprinkle of Chicken & Chips Salt.
Comments will be approved before showing up.