- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 700g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 1 large onion diced
- 300g button mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 1 large carrot, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Viva Italia Seasoning
- 3 tins diced tomatoes
- 200mls red wine
- Fresh parsley &/or basil to garnish
In a large heavy pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
Add the diced onions and cook for 4 - 5 minutes, slide them to the side of the dish, add the chicken fillets and cooked until sealed all over and lightly browned.
Add the fresh garlic and wine and cook for 2 minutes while scraping the pan of brown bits.
Add the vegetables, tomato tins and Viva Italia Seasoning, stir well, put the lid on and turn down to a simmer, cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is falling apart, vegetables are soft and sauce has thickened.
(If the sauce is too watery, simmer without lid for 5 - 10 minutes for sauce to reduce).
Serve with thick crusty bread to soak up juices.
Comments will be approved before showing up.