Caramelised French Onion Soup
- 120g butter
- 6 large brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Classic Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 Tsp Tweed Real Food Chicken and Chips Salt
- 1/2 cup of dry red wine
- 4 thick slices of sourdough loaf, similar width to bowl
- 4 slices of your favourite cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese, room temperature
* Prepare in oven safe bowl
Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add onions and 1 Tbsp of Classic Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar, put the lid on and turn down to low-medium heat. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until caramelised.
Add the chicken stock, Chicken & Chips Salt and red wine and simmer for a further 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cover and keep over low heat while preparing the bread.
Preheat oven grill.
On a baking tray layout bread and grill both sides until toasted.
Remove from heat but do not turn off grill.
Arrange 4 large oven-proof bowls in a shallow baking tray.
Fill each bowl 2/3 full with hot soup and top each with 1 slice toasted bread, 1 slice of your preferred cheese and 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese.
Drizzle with the remaining Classic Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar.
Grill 5 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
As it melts the cheese will melt over the side of the bowl created a golden seal.
Comments will be approved before showing up.