Bonnie's Chicken Curry
- 1 large brown onion, cut fine
- 25g butter
- 1kg chicken thighs, trimmed & cut roughly into cubes
- 3 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Durban Earth Curry Rub
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 400g tomato tin
- 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
- 250mls pure cream
- Optional fresh coriander for garnish
- Jasmine or Basmati rice to serve
Following the packet instructions cook the rice.
In a large pot over medium high heat, melt the butter and cook the onions for 5 - 7 minutes until they become clear, add the Durban Earth Curry Rub and cook for a further minute until fragrant.
Slide the onions to one side of the dish and add the chicken, cook until the chicken is sealed all over and lightly browned.
Add the chicken stock and scrap the bottom of the pan so the stock combines with the flavours. Add the tin of tomatoes and turn down to simmer for 5 minutes while chicken cooks through.
Add the sifted flour, bit by bit, and stir as sauce thickens.
Add cream and stir whilst simmering for a further 2 minutes.
Serve on rice with an optional generous sprinkle of fresh coriander.
Comments will be approved before showing up.