BBQ Steak Salad
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 300g good quality thick-cut lean beef steaks (rib eye, eye fillet, rump)
- 1 250g punnet of cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- 200g fresh rocket leaves, rinsed and dried
- 2 Tbsp Tweed Real Food BBQ Master Rub
- 2 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Bourbon Maple Splash Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Tweed Real Food Wild Porcini Salt
- 120g finely grated parmesan cheese
Prepare steaks by rubbing with olive oil and then BBQ Master Rub both sides, keep on counter to come to room temperature.
Using a cast iron griddle or BBQ, heat to highest heat and cook steaks for 3 minutes on each side, turning only once. Seal sides of steaks for no longer than 90 seconds.
Leave to rest by wrapping in aluminium foil for a minimum of 5 minutes.
Place rocket and halved cherry tomatoes in a large bowl, or separate bowls dependant on serving preference.
Slice steaks with a sharp knife as thinly as possible and leave for a few minutes to cool (so not to wilt the rocket leaves).
Combine steak slices with salad, sprinkle parmesan cheese over and drizzle with Bourbon Maple Splash and any remaining olive oil.
Comments will be approved before showing up.