Basic Chicken Biryani
- 1 cup basmati rice, cooked according to packet instructions
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or your cooking oil of choice
- 700g chicken thighs, trimmed and cubed
- 2 large brown onions, halved and sliced
- 3 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Durban Earth Curry Rub
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-inch cube ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 cup greek style yogurt
Coat chicken thighs in 1.5 Tbsp Durban Earth Curry Rub and 1/4 cup of yogurt, leave to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Meanwhile cook basmati rice and prepare garlic, ginger and onions.
Once rice is cooked, rinse with cold water and drain very well.
Over medium heat in a heavy duty fry pan, heat coconut oil, cook onions for a minimum of 7 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, then add chicken and continue cooking further for approximately 7 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Turn heat to low and add sultanas, stirring in with the mixture to soften slightly.
Add rice, slowly, approx a quarter at a time and stir through, as you do this sprinkle with the remaining Durban Earth Curry Rub, continue until all of the rice and Durban Rub has been added.
Turn heat to medium and gently fold mixture until it is evenly warm.
Serve garnished with fresh coriander and a dollop of yogurt.
Comments will be approved before showing up.