Barbecued Bacon Wrapped Haloumi and Veggies
- Toothpicks, if required
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g haloumi cheese, cut carefully across ways into finger sized slices
- 14 - 18 slices of streaky bacon or prosciutto
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Tweed Real Food Bourbon Maple Splash Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Tweed Real Food Wild Porcini Salt
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into inch wide circles
- 1 small eggplant, sliced into inch wide circles
- 1 large red capsicum
- 1 large yellow capsicum
Drizzle Bourbon Maple Splash over the Haloumi and carefully wrap the bacon or prosciutto around it. If needed, thread a toothpick through to keep the bacon in place.
Rub sliced vegetables with a light layer of olive oil and season with Wild Porcini Salt.
Heat BBQ to medium-high and grill the vegetables over the open grill turning as they soften, while they are cooking, cook the wrapped haloumi on the flat grill plate, carefully turning to cook each side - approximately 2 minutes each side, or until the bacon is browned.
Serve and eat straight away whilst the haloumi is soft and warm.
Optional to season further with Wild Porcini Salt, however both Haloumi and bacon are both very salty so further seasoning may not be required.
Comments will be approved before showing up.